AP source: Mel Gibson gets cameo in 'Hangover 2'
NEW YORK (AP) - October 19, 2010 -- Mel Gibson will make a cameo in "The Hangover 2" as a tattoo artist.
Gibson's role, which was first reported by the New York Post, was confirmed Tuesday by a person close to the production, who requested anonymity because he wasn't authorized to comment publicly on the matter. The film, a sequel to the 2009 hit comedy "The Hangover," is beginning production, with a release scheduled for May 2011.
Warner Bros., which is distributing the film, declined to comment.
Gibson might be hoping some comedy improves his tarnished reputation: a memorable appearance in the first "Hangover" film helped rehabilitate Mike Tyson's image.
Authorities are investigating claims by Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva that the 54-year-old actor-director physically abused her. Audio purportedly of Gibson making a series of racist and misogynistic rants was leaked earlier this year.
Before the audio leak, Gibson starred in the film "The Beaver." Though shooting on the film was completed in 2009, no release date has been announced by distributor Summit Entertainment.
"The Hangover 2" follows the characters of the first film on a trip to Southeast Asia for a wedding. The first "Hangover" grossed $462 million worldwide at the box office.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 51 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?