AP source: Mel Gibson gets cameo in 'Hangover 2'
NEW YORK (AP) - October 19, 2010 -- Mel Gibson will make a cameo in "The Hangover 2" as a tattoo artist.
Gibson's role, which was first reported by the New York Post, was confirmed Tuesday by a person close to the production, who requested anonymity because he wasn't authorized to comment publicly on the matter. The film, a sequel to the 2009 hit comedy "The Hangover," is beginning production, with a release scheduled for May 2011.
Warner Bros., which is distributing the film, declined to comment.
Gibson might be hoping some comedy improves his tarnished reputation: a memorable appearance in the first "Hangover" film helped rehabilitate Mike Tyson's image.
Authorities are investigating claims by Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva that the 54-year-old actor-director physically abused her. Audio purportedly of Gibson making a series of racist and misogynistic rants was leaked earlier this year.
Before the audio leak, Gibson starred in the film "The Beaver." Though shooting on the film was completed in 2009, no release date has been announced by distributor Summit Entertainment.
"The Hangover 2" follows the characters of the first film on a trip to Southeast Asia for a wedding. The first "Hangover" grossed $462 million worldwide at the box office.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 20 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
20 min ago