Donny and Marie Osmond to bring songs to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) - October 20, 2010 -- He's a little bit rock 'n' roll, she's a little bit country. Together, they're going to be a whole lot of Broadway.
Donny and Marie Osmond will be appearing in a Christmas show at the Marriott Marquis Theatre starting Dec. 9. The 12-performance run ends Dec. 19.
The show, titled "Donny & Marie - A Broadway Christmas," marks the first time the siblings have shared a Broadway stage. They'll be singing favorite hits and holiday songs with a live band.
Donny starred in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in Toronto for six years and made it to Broadway as Gaston in "Beauty & The Beast." Marie made her Broadway debut in 1997 as Anna in "The King and I" and toured as Maria in "The Sound of Music."
donny osmond, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 18 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 24 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 42 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
19 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
42 min ago