Rihanna leaves manager, now under Jay-Z's umbrella
NEW YORK (AP) - October 21, 2010 -- Rihanna is now under Jay-Z's umbrella.
The Grammy-winning pop singer has parted ways with manager Marc Jordan and is now being managed by Jay-Z's Roc Nation Management.
Rihanna told The Associated Press in a statement Wednesday that she's "so excited to take this next step in my career."
The 22-year-old is also launching a new company called Rihanna Entertainment. She says it will "merge all of her businesses, including music, film, fragrance fashion and book ventures."
Jay-Z signed Rihanna to Def Jam in 2005. The two won a Grammy in 2008 for the hit song "Umbrella." Earlier this year, the pair picked up two Grammys for the rap song "Run This Town," which also featured Kanye West.
She's released four albums and plans to release her fifth CD, "Loud," on Nov. 16.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 48 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 17 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 10 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 20 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 7 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 6 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 23 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane