Mel Gibson's appearance in 'Hangover 2' canceled
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 21, 2010 -- Mel Gibson's planned cameo in "The Hangover Part II" has been canceled.
Warner Bros. Pictures and director Todd Phillips say the embattled actor won't be appearing in the sequel to the popular ensemble comedy. Gibson's cameo role as a tattoo artist in the film was announced earlier this week.
Phillips said Thursday that producers supported his decision to cast Gibson, who has been engaged in a high-profile custody battle with ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, but the decision "ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew."
The film is set to reunite Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Justin Bartha and Ed Helms, who starred in the 2009 summer blockbuster. The sequel is scheduled for release next year.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 7 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?