Remembering Sam Champion's father
NEW YORK - October 26, 2010 (WPVI) -- Good Morning America's Sam Champion is mourning the loss of his dad.
After a life of service to his country and his family, Lt. Col. James H. Champion, U.S. Marine Corps (retired) passed away October 25 in Houston, Texas.
To learn more about Sam's dad, please visit ABCNews.com by clicking here.
He is survived by his wife of 53 years Sylvia (Murphy) Champion, son Samuel James Champion (NYC), daughter Teresa Champion, son in law John Quigley, grandchildren Sydney and James Quigley.
In lieu of flowers the family respectfully requests any donations in memoriam be made to:
MD Anderson Cancer Center (RE: Lt. Col. J. H. Champion), PO Box 4486, Houston, TX 77210 or Virginia Autism Project at VirginiaAutismProject.org
good morning america, entertainment
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 35 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 52 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 42 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 19 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 5.7-magnitude quake felt across northern California 19 min ago
- Emergency landing causes delays at Heathrow 16 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
35 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
52 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in...
19 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
42 min ago