Audrina Patridge booted from "Dancing with the Stars"
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 27, 2010 -- A second-place finish on Monday's "Dancing With the Stars" couldn't save Audrina Patridge.
The reality TV beauty was dismissed from the hit ABC show Tuesday.
"I had so much fun this entire experience and made such good new friends," she said, thanking the judges and her fans. "It's been a fun journey."
Patridge and professional partner Tony Dovolani earned 24 points out of 30 for their rock-inspired paso doble on Monday's episode. But despite the high score, head judge Len Goodman told the 25-year-old star of MTV's "The Hills" that she was "getting on my nerves a bit."
"You've got the potential to blow us all away week after week," he said. "Your dancing is clean and it's crisp. Every week it lacks the character of the dance."
Patridge and Dovolani earned another eight points during Monday's rock 'n' roll dance marathon, landing them in second place for the night, but they failed to collect enough viewer votes to keep them in the competition.
Judges' scores are combined with viewer votes to determine which star is ousted each week.
Tuesday's episode also included a trio of musical performances. Heart performed its hit "Barracuda," and student musicians from School of Rock continued the rocking vibe with a medley of classics. Later, Kylie Minogue performed her new single, "Get Out of My Way."
Six celebrity dancers remain: Actors Jennifer Grey and Kyle Massey, singer-actress Brandy, athletes Rick Fox and Kurt Warner, and Bristol Palin.
dancing with the stars, david hasselhoff, jennifer grey, kyle massey, rick fox, bristol palin, tom bergeron, brooke burke, brandy, mike the situation sorrentino, florence henderson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed