Fergie named Billboard's Woman of the Year
NEW YORK (AP) - October 28, 2010 -- The Dutchess is being crowned "Woman of the Year" by Billboard magazine.
Fergie will be given the honor on Dec. 2 at a ceremony in New York City. The only female member of the Black Eyed Peas says she's "humbled" to accept the award and called it a "great career achievement."
The honor pays tribute to a trailblazing female artist and her accomplishments. Though Fergie's only solo album was 2006's mutli-platinum "The Dutchess," she's continued to sell out venues and score hits with the Black Eyed Peas. They have a new CD, "The Beginning," out Nov. 30.
Previous Billboard "Woman of the Year" honorees were Beyonce, Ciara and Reba McEntire.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police seek missing woman and her baby 19 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 38 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 38 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's