Fergie named Billboard's Woman of the Year
NEW YORK (AP) - October 28, 2010 -- The Dutchess is being crowned "Woman of the Year" by Billboard magazine.
Fergie will be given the honor on Dec. 2 at a ceremony in New York City. The only female member of the Black Eyed Peas says she's "humbled" to accept the award and called it a "great career achievement."
The honor pays tribute to a trailblazing female artist and her accomplishments. Though Fergie's only solo album was 2006's mutli-platinum "The Dutchess," she's continued to sell out venues and score hits with the Black Eyed Peas. They have a new CD, "The Beginning," out Nov. 30.
Previous Billboard "Woman of the Year" honorees were Beyonce, Ciara and Reba McEntire.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 32 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 27 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 20 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 36 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more