Fergie named Billboard's Woman of the Year
NEW YORK (AP) - October 28, 2010 -- The Dutchess is being crowned "Woman of the Year" by Billboard magazine.
Fergie will be given the honor on Dec. 2 at a ceremony in New York City. The only female member of the Black Eyed Peas says she's "humbled" to accept the award and called it a "great career achievement."
The honor pays tribute to a trailblazing female artist and her accomplishments. Though Fergie's only solo album was 2006's mutli-platinum "The Dutchess," she's continued to sell out venues and score hits with the Black Eyed Peas. They have a new CD, "The Beginning," out Nov. 30.
Previous Billboard "Woman of the Year" honorees were Beyonce, Ciara and Reba McEntire.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Skippack
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 16 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township 20 min ago
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing 21 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos