Indian hotel charged for noisy Brand-Perry wedding
JAIPUR, India (AP) - October 30, 2010 -- Officials say managers at the luxury resort where Katy Perry and Russell Brand married are being charged with violating noise laws during last week's wedding near an Indian tiger reserve.
Sawaimadhopur district official Ravi Kumar Surpur says the pop star and comedian will not be booked, but the Aman-i-Khas hotel management should be held responsible for breaking rules against loud music after 10 p.m.
Perry and Brand were married Oct. 23 near Ranthambhore wildlife park in the northwest state of Rajasthan, before flying Monday to the Maldives.
Surpur said Saturday the late-night wedding party noise exceeded the 45-decibel limit.
Criminal lawyer Samundra Singh says the hotel management could face a fine or a few days in jail.
The hotel did not immediately comment.
russell brand, katy perry, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware 50 min ago
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire 7 min ago
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing 20 min ago
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
50 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
9 min ago