Susan Boyle to sing for Prince Charles
LONDON (AP) -November 2, 2010 -- First she sang for Pope Benedict XVI, and now British singing sensation Susan Boyle is going to perform for Prince Charles.
The 49-year-old reality television show star will perform her version of Lou Reed's Perfect Day for Charles and his wife Camilla at the Daily Mirror's Pride of Britain Awards on Monday.
Boyle said Tuesday it is a "real privilege" to be able to sing for the royals.
The singer, who shot to international fame after her stint on "Britain's Got Talent," performed during a ceremony for the pope when he visited the U.K. in September.
prince charles, susan boyle, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington 32 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 39 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash