Taylor Swift sells more than 1M copies of new CD
NEW YORK (AP) -November 3, 2010 -- Taylor Swift fans have spoken - more than a million times.
The country pop superstar sold more than 1 million copies of her new album "Speak Now" to debut at the top of the Billboard album chart this week.
Billboard.com said Wednesday that it's the biggest debut since 50 Cent's "The Massacre" five years ago.
According to Nielsen SoundScan figures, "Speak Now" sold 1,047,000 copies since it was released last week. That's slightly higher than the 1,006,000 posted by Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" in 2008.
"Speak Now" is the 20-year-old's third album.
taylor swift, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 46 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
46 min ago