Taylor Swift sells more than 1M copies of new CD
NEW YORK (AP) -November 3, 2010 -- Taylor Swift fans have spoken - more than a million times.
The country pop superstar sold more than 1 million copies of her new album "Speak Now" to debut at the top of the Billboard album chart this week.
Billboard.com said Wednesday that it's the biggest debut since 50 Cent's "The Massacre" five years ago.
According to Nielsen SoundScan figures, "Speak Now" sold 1,047,000 copies since it was released last week. That's slightly higher than the 1,006,000 posted by Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" in 2008.
"Speak Now" is the 20-year-old's third album.
taylor swift, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 59 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs