Suge Knight's lawsuit against Kanye West tossed
MIAMI (AP) - November 4, 2010 -- A federal judge in Miami has tossed out a lawsuit filed by rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight against hip-hop star Kanye West over a 2005 shooting.
Knight was seeking more than $1 million in damages from West. Knight was shot in the leg at a 2005 Miami Beach party hosted by West. Knight blames West for lax security.
The shooter has never been identified.
In Thursday's order, the judge concluded there's no evidence that a shooting at the party was foreseeable. The case was set for trial next month.
West's attorney, Adam Josephs, says the suit was ill-conceived from the beginning, adding he was gratified the court agreed.
A telephone message left with Knight's attorney was not immediately returned.
florida, kanye west, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 47 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
47 min ago