Suge Knight's lawsuit against Kanye West tossed
MIAMI (AP) - November 4, 2010 -- A federal judge in Miami has tossed out a lawsuit filed by rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight against hip-hop star Kanye West over a 2005 shooting.
Knight was seeking more than $1 million in damages from West. Knight was shot in the leg at a 2005 Miami Beach party hosted by West. Knight blames West for lax security.
The shooter has never been identified.
In Thursday's order, the judge concluded there's no evidence that a shooting at the party was foreseeable. The case was set for trial next month.
West's attorney, Adam Josephs, says the suit was ill-conceived from the beginning, adding he was gratified the court agreed.
A telephone message left with Knight's attorney was not immediately returned.
florida, kanye west, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 2 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized