Lil Wayne shows up at NBA game after NY release
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - November 6, 2010 -- Lil Wayne turned up courtside in red baseball cap and long dreadlocks to watch the unbeaten New Orleans Hornets edge the Miami Heat 96-93 Friday night, a day after his release from a New York City jail.
Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Carter Jr., was freed Thursday after serving eight months in a gun case. Asked how it felt to be back, Wayne told the The Times-Picayune: "Like I never left."
Before his incarceration, the rapper recorded the recently released "I Am Not a Human Being," a top debut on Billboard album charts.
The newspaper said the rapper flew earlier Friday to Yuma County, Ariz., to check in for a three-year stint of unsupervised probation for a drug conviction. Authorities said that case will be transferred to Florida, where the New Orleans native now lives.
new orleans, louisiana, lil wayne, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 30 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 30 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 37 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 5 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 12 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos