Lil Wayne shows up at NBA game after NY release
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - November 6, 2010 -- Lil Wayne turned up courtside in red baseball cap and long dreadlocks to watch the unbeaten New Orleans Hornets edge the Miami Heat 96-93 Friday night, a day after his release from a New York City jail.
Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Carter Jr., was freed Thursday after serving eight months in a gun case. Asked how it felt to be back, Wayne told the The Times-Picayune: "Like I never left."
Before his incarceration, the rapper recorded the recently released "I Am Not a Human Being," a top debut on Billboard album charts.
The newspaper said the rapper flew earlier Friday to Yuma County, Ariz., to check in for a three-year stint of unsupervised probation for a drug conviction. Authorities said that case will be transferred to Florida, where the New Orleans native now lives.
new orleans, louisiana, lil wayne, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 41 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ