Bush kicks off book tour close to home in Dallas
DALLAS (AP) - November 9, 2010 -- Former President George W. Bush has started his book tour with a signing stop at a store near his Dallas home.
Bush arrived at the Borders store shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday to greet hundreds of people, including some who said they had been waiting outside since the night before.
In his book, "Decision Points," the two-term president discusses the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, his decisions to send troops to Afghanistan and Iraq, and the response to Hurricane Katrina.
Bush, wearing a coat and tie and accompanied by security personnel, sat at a table to sign copies of his books and chat with those who gathered to meet him.
george w bush, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 16 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 49 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 55 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply