Bush kicks off book tour close to home in Dallas
DALLAS (AP) - November 9, 2010 -- Former President George W. Bush has started his book tour with a signing stop at a store near his Dallas home.
Bush arrived at the Borders store shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday to greet hundreds of people, including some who said they had been waiting outside since the night before.
In his book, "Decision Points," the two-term president discusses the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, his decisions to send troops to Afghanistan and Iraq, and the response to Hurricane Katrina.
Bush, wearing a coat and tie and accompanied by security personnel, sat at a table to sign copies of his books and chat with those who gathered to meet him.
george w bush, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting