Bush kicks off book tour close to home in Dallas
DALLAS (AP) - November 9, 2010 -- Former President George W. Bush has started his book tour with a signing stop at a store near his Dallas home.
Bush arrived at the Borders store shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday to greet hundreds of people, including some who said they had been waiting outside since the night before.
In his book, "Decision Points," the two-term president discusses the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, his decisions to send troops to Afghanistan and Iraq, and the response to Hurricane Katrina.
Bush, wearing a coat and tie and accompanied by security personnel, sat at a table to sign copies of his books and chat with those who gathered to meet him.
george w bush, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ