Kanye West cancels upcoming 'Today' performance
NEW YORK (AP) - November 12, 2010 -- Kanye West has backed out of a scheduled performance on NBC's "Today" show after getting upset with how his interview this week with host Matt Lauer this week was handled.
The rapper tweeted Thursday night that he would not perform on the day after Thanksgiving, and "Today" confirmed that it received official word of the cancellation on Friday.
West became upset when during the interview "Today" showed a tape of when he interrupted Taylor Swift at last year's MTV Music Awards. The incident that prompted a tremendous backlash against West.
The musician had a coveted spot: He was due to perform on Black Friday, when New York streets around the "Today" studio are likely to be crowded with holiday shoppers.
kanye west, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 5 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool