Kanye West cancels upcoming 'Today' performance
NEW YORK (AP) - November 12, 2010 -- Kanye West has backed out of a scheduled performance on NBC's "Today" show after getting upset with how his interview this week with host Matt Lauer this week was handled.
The rapper tweeted Thursday night that he would not perform on the day after Thanksgiving, and "Today" confirmed that it received official word of the cancellation on Friday.
West became upset when during the interview "Today" showed a tape of when he interrupted Taylor Swift at last year's MTV Music Awards. The incident that prompted a tremendous backlash against West.
The musician had a coveted spot: He was due to perform on Black Friday, when New York streets around the "Today" studio are likely to be crowded with holiday shoppers.
kanye west, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ