Garner to help open children's centers in W.Va.
ASHTON, W.Va. (AP) - November 19, 2010 -- Actress Jennifer Garner is coming home to West Virginia to help Save the Children open six sites in the state.
The charity says Garner and Mason County superintendent Suzanne Dickens are going to participate in a press conference at 12:15 p.m. Friday in Ashton.
Garner, who's married to actor Ben Affleck, grew up in Charleston.
Save the Children offers early education, literacy, physical activity and nutrition programs for children. The charity says its programs reached more than 70,000 kids in the country this year.
jennifer garner, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 57 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos