Garner to help open children's centers in W.Va.
ASHTON, W.Va. (AP) - November 19, 2010 -- Actress Jennifer Garner is coming home to West Virginia to help Save the Children open six sites in the state.
The charity says Garner and Mason County superintendent Suzanne Dickens are going to participate in a press conference at 12:15 p.m. Friday in Ashton.
Garner, who's married to actor Ben Affleck, grew up in Charleston.
Save the Children offers early education, literacy, physical activity and nutrition programs for children. The charity says its programs reached more than 70,000 kids in the country this year.
jennifer garner, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch