Wesley Snipes ordered to surrender in tax case
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - November 19, 2010 -- A federal judge has ordered actor Wesley Snipes to surrender to authorities so he can begin serving a three-year prison sentence for tax related crimes.
U.S. District Court Judge William Terrell Hodges on Friday rejected a motion by the actor's attorneys to review the actor's sentence and their request for a new trial. Snipes has been free on bond while appealing.
The 48-year-old star of the "Blade" trilogy and Spike Lee's "Jungle Fever" was convicted in 2008 on three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file his income tax returns.
Messages left by The Associated Press for Snipes' attorney and for prison officials were not immediately returned Friday.
wesley snipes, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 12 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 50 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 27 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 13 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
30 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
27 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
28 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
29 min ago