MSNBC suspends host Scarborough for GOP donations
NEW YORK (AP) -November 19, 2010 -- MSNBC says it's suspending morning host Joe Scarborough for two days without pay for making political contributions.
MSNBC president Phil Griffin said Friday that Scarborough's eight donations for $500 apiece violate NBC News policy. He says Scarborough will return to the "Morning Joe" anchor desk Wednesday.
In a statement, Scarborough apologized to the network. But he added that because the contributions were for local Florida races, he had not understood the NBC News policy applied.
Scarborough is a former Republican congressman from Florida.
His suspension comes on the heels of a two-day suspension of fellow MSNBC host Keith Olbermann last week, also for making political contributions.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 34 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos