MSNBC suspends host Scarborough for GOP donations
NEW YORK (AP) -November 19, 2010 -- MSNBC says it's suspending morning host Joe Scarborough for two days without pay for making political contributions.
MSNBC president Phil Griffin said Friday that Scarborough's eight donations for $500 apiece violate NBC News policy. He says Scarborough will return to the "Morning Joe" anchor desk Wednesday.
In a statement, Scarborough apologized to the network. But he added that because the contributions were for local Florida races, he had not understood the NBC News policy applied.
Scarborough is a former Republican congressman from Florida.
His suspension comes on the heels of a two-day suspension of fellow MSNBC host Keith Olbermann last week, also for making political contributions.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Sunny, blustery winds today 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 3 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 45 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 9 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Sunny, blustery winds today
57 min ago
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
45 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos