White powder sent to `Dancing With the Stars'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 20, 2010 -- ABC says an unknown substance in an envelope delivered to the "Dancing With the Stars" production office at CBS Studios in Los Angeles was later determined to be talcum powder.
ABC spokeswoman Amy Astley released a statement confirming that the envelope was delivered to the show's production office on the CBS Studios lot Friday night.
The statement says ABC was later told by Los Angeles fire officials that the substance was talcum powder.
FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller says hazardous materials officials with the city of Los Angeles, LAPD and FBI also responded to the scene on a report of a threatening letter containing white powder. She said an initial screening indicated the substance was not hazardous, but the letter will be transported to a regional lab for further testing.
She says the FBI and LAPD are investigating.
dancing with the stars, abc, cbs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 45 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos