Cowell says Tyler is a perfect 'Idol' replacement
NEW YORK (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- Former "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell says he's happy that Steven Tyler will take his place.
Cowell says, "I always said it had to be someone who wasn't better looking than me and they achieved it."
He poked fun at Tyler before collecting the Founders Awards at the International Emmy Awards in New York on Monday night.
Cowell said the Aerosmith frontman seems like a nice guy, and Randy Jackson told him they were having a lot of fun.
He believes Tyler can adequately fill his shoes, but stopped short of saying the rock star would damage his credibility being on the show.
Cowell says the role of judge is something that Tyler wants to do and that "it's a fun job. You got to take it like that. You can't take it too seriously."
simon cowell, steven tyler, american idol, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 6 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 59 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 31 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 15 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 31 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 4 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 55 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
4 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
55 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos