Cowell says Tyler is a perfect 'Idol' replacement
NEW YORK (AP) - November 23, 2010 -- Former "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell says he's happy that Steven Tyler will take his place.
Cowell says, "I always said it had to be someone who wasn't better looking than me and they achieved it."
He poked fun at Tyler before collecting the Founders Awards at the International Emmy Awards in New York on Monday night.
Cowell said the Aerosmith frontman seems like a nice guy, and Randy Jackson told him they were having a lot of fun.
He believes Tyler can adequately fill his shoes, but stopped short of saying the rock star would damage his credibility being on the show.
Cowell says the role of judge is something that Tyler wants to do and that "it's a fun job. You got to take it like that. You can't take it too seriously."
simon cowell, steven tyler, american idol, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 28 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 14 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 30 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos