Billy Joel mending after replacements of both hips
NEW YORK (AP) - November 24, 2010 -- Billy Joel is recovering from double hip-replacement surgery.
Joel spokeswoman Claire Mercuri told People magazine Wednesday that the 61-year-old pop star had both hips replaced last week to correct a congenital condition.
She says Joel, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer responsible for such hits as "Piano Man," "Uptown Girl" and "New York State of Mind," is "doing extremely well."
Joel toured this year and was recently promoting the documentary film "The Last Play at Shea." There's no word on when he plans to perform on stage again.
billy joel, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 56 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 19 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 56 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
56 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos