Comedian George Lopez's wife files for divorce
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 24, 2010 -- George Lopez and his wife of 17 years are making their breakup official with her filing for divorce.
Ann Serrano Lopez filed her petition, citing irreconcilable difference, on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
The pair announced their breakup in September and said they would remain partners in a charitable foundation. They have a 14-year-old daughter, and Ann Lopez is seeking physical custody.
The filings do not offer any additional details about the split.
The pair were married in September 1993 and did not list a separation date.
The filing was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.
The 49-year-old comedian hosts the talkshow "Lopez Tonight" on TBS.
los angeles, divorce, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 7 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 5 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 10 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
41 min ago