Black Eyed Peas to perform Super Bowl halftime
ARLINGTON, Texas - November 26, 2010 -- The Black Eyed Peas will be the featured halftime performer at the Super Bowl.
The Grammy award-winning group will perform Feb. 6 at Cowboys Stadium. The announcement was made Thursday during the Dallas Cowboys' game against the New Orleans Saints.
Since forming in 1995, The Black Eyed Peas have sold more than 28 million albums worldwide and nearly 31 million digital tracks. Their new album, "The Beginning," is set for release Tuesday.
Last year's featured performer was The Who. Other halftime acts have included U2, the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Paul McCartney and Prince.
The Super Bowl halftime show is sponsored by Bridgestone.
super bowl, black eyed peas, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 17 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 53 min ago
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 54 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 57 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 59 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo 39 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
17 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
59 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
57 min ago