Black Eyed Peas to perform Super Bowl halftime
ARLINGTON, Texas - November 26, 2010 -- The Black Eyed Peas will be the featured halftime performer at the Super Bowl.
The Grammy award-winning group will perform Feb. 6 at Cowboys Stadium. The announcement was made Thursday during the Dallas Cowboys' game against the New Orleans Saints.
Since forming in 1995, The Black Eyed Peas have sold more than 28 million albums worldwide and nearly 31 million digital tracks. Their new album, "The Beginning," is set for release Tuesday.
Last year's featured performer was The Who. Other halftime acts have included U2, the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Paul McCartney and Prince.
The Super Bowl halftime show is sponsored by Bridgestone.
super bowl, black eyed peas, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 5 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 21 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 26 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 32 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 50 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 41 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 50 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
21 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
26 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
42 min ago