Bosnia rape victims to complain to UN about Jolie
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) -November 30, 2010 -- Wartime rape victims in Bosnia say they will complain to the U.N. refugee agency about its goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie who has not yet clarified rumors surrounding her movie that have infuriated the women.
Wartime rape victims were outraged when they heard rumors that Jolie's directorial debut was about a victim in a rape camp falling in love with her rapist. Jolie's producer denied the rumors.
Bakira Hasecic, the head of the association Women Victims of War, says she will send a letter to the UNHCR, according to an interview published in daily newspaper Dnevni Avaz on Monday.
Jolie had promised a meeting with the women in November and invited them to shooting in Budapest but Hasecic said Jolie should come to Bosnia and meet the women there.
angelina jolie, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 14 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 16 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
10 min ago