'Glee' star to be honored by Billboard
NEW YORK - December 1, 2010 -- Even though Lea Michele stars on a television show, her "Glee" role has had such an impact on music this year that Billboard is honoring her with a "triple threat" award.
Michele is due to receive the honor Thursday at Billboard's annual "Women in Music" luncheon in New York City honoring the Black Eyed Peas' Fergie.
"We worked so hard over here at 'Glee' and we put together these mini-movies every week that is filled with dancing and singing," said Michele in a phone interview Tuesday. "It feels like such a nice sort of wonderful recognition."
But even though she's being honored by a music publication, Michele has no plans to put out a record like her co-star Matthew Morrison, who started working on an album this year.
"I really am taking my time with making an album. ... It will be somewhere in my future but right now we are so busy over here," said Michele during a break in her "Glee" schedule. The show airs on Fox.
She also noted the success of numerous "Glee" soundtracks on the charts this year: "I feel like I've already sort of made albums."
Fox is a unit of News Corp.
fox, lea michele, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore