'Glee' star to be honored by Billboard
NEW YORK - December 1, 2010 -- Even though Lea Michele stars on a television show, her "Glee" role has had such an impact on music this year that Billboard is honoring her with a "triple threat" award.
Michele is due to receive the honor Thursday at Billboard's annual "Women in Music" luncheon in New York City honoring the Black Eyed Peas' Fergie.
"We worked so hard over here at 'Glee' and we put together these mini-movies every week that is filled with dancing and singing," said Michele in a phone interview Tuesday. "It feels like such a nice sort of wonderful recognition."
But even though she's being honored by a music publication, Michele has no plans to put out a record like her co-star Matthew Morrison, who started working on an album this year.
"I really am taking my time with making an album. ... It will be somewhere in my future but right now we are so busy over here," said Michele during a break in her "Glee" schedule. The show airs on Fox.
She also noted the success of numerous "Glee" soundtracks on the charts this year: "I feel like I've already sort of made albums."
Fox is a unit of News Corp.
fox, lea michele, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 14 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted