'Glee' star to be honored by Billboard
NEW YORK - December 1, 2010 -- Even though Lea Michele stars on a television show, her "Glee" role has had such an impact on music this year that Billboard is honoring her with a "triple threat" award.
Michele is due to receive the honor Thursday at Billboard's annual "Women in Music" luncheon in New York City honoring the Black Eyed Peas' Fergie.
"We worked so hard over here at 'Glee' and we put together these mini-movies every week that is filled with dancing and singing," said Michele in a phone interview Tuesday. "It feels like such a nice sort of wonderful recognition."
But even though she's being honored by a music publication, Michele has no plans to put out a record like her co-star Matthew Morrison, who started working on an album this year.
"I really am taking my time with making an album. ... It will be somewhere in my future but right now we are so busy over here," said Michele during a break in her "Glee" schedule. The show airs on Fox.
She also noted the success of numerous "Glee" soundtracks on the charts this year: "I feel like I've already sort of made albums."
Fox is a unit of News Corp.
fox, lea michele, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
12 min ago