Screenwriter takes Palin to task for caribou hunt
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - December 8, 2010 -- Hollywood screenwriter Aaron Sorkin is calling former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin a "witless bully" after her cable television travelogue series featured the killing of a caribou.
In Sunday's episode of "Sarah Palin's Alaska," the 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate hunted north of the Arctic Circle. In a Facebook posting, she wrote that unless people have never eaten meat, they shouldn't condemn the episode.
Sorkin, who wrote the script for "The Social Network," said in an article for The Huffington Post that Palin didn't kill the caribou for food, just for fun.
He said he couldn't distinguish between that and Philadelphia Eagles' quarterback Michael Vick's role in a dogfighting ring.
Palin's lawyer did not immediately respond to an e-mail.
sarah palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose