Hasselhoff reality show canceled after 2 episodes
NEW YORK (AP) -December 10, 2010 -- David Hasselhoff has been beached by the A&E Network.
The cable channel said Friday it has yanked the former "Baywatch" star's reality show off the air after only two episodes. Eight completed episodes will remain unaired.
"The Hasselhoffs" featured the actor and his two daughters, who are aspiring to get into show biz. The Nielsen Co. says the first episode was seen by 718,000 viewers, and the audience sank to 505,000 the second week.
That means more than half the people who watched the show preceding "The Hasselhoffs" on A&E's Sunday schedule, "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels," turned the TV off or changed channels when Hasselhoff appeared. The Kiss musician's show had an audience of 1.4 million.
david hasselhoff, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 45 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ