Hasselhoff reality show canceled after 2 episodes
NEW YORK (AP) -December 10, 2010 -- David Hasselhoff has been beached by the A&E Network.
The cable channel said Friday it has yanked the former "Baywatch" star's reality show off the air after only two episodes. Eight completed episodes will remain unaired.
"The Hasselhoffs" featured the actor and his two daughters, who are aspiring to get into show biz. The Nielsen Co. says the first episode was seen by 718,000 viewers, and the audience sank to 505,000 the second week.
That means more than half the people who watched the show preceding "The Hasselhoffs" on A&E's Sunday schedule, "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels," turned the TV off or changed channels when Hasselhoff appeared. The Kiss musician's show had an audience of 1.4 million.
david hasselhoff, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 19 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 52 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber