Hasselhoff reality show canceled after 2 episodes
NEW YORK (AP) -December 10, 2010 -- David Hasselhoff has been beached by the A&E Network.
The cable channel said Friday it has yanked the former "Baywatch" star's reality show off the air after only two episodes. Eight completed episodes will remain unaired.
"The Hasselhoffs" featured the actor and his two daughters, who are aspiring to get into show biz. The Nielsen Co. says the first episode was seen by 718,000 viewers, and the audience sank to 505,000 the second week.
That means more than half the people who watched the show preceding "The Hasselhoffs" on A&E's Sunday schedule, "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels," turned the TV off or changed channels when Hasselhoff appeared. The Kiss musician's show had an audience of 1.4 million.
david hasselhoff, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ