Manager: Shania Twain engaged to Frederic Thiebaud
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - December 20, 2010 -- Country singer Shania Twain is engaged.
Twain's manager Jason Owen confirmed Monday that Twain is engaged to business executive Frederic Thiebaud. Owen declined further comment.
The news was first reported by Us Weekly.
Twain first confirmed in August 2009 that she was dating Thiebaud after her divorce from Robert "Mutt" Lange, who had an affair with Twain's best friend and Thiebaud's wife, Marie-Anne Thiebaud. She reached out to Frederic Thiebaud in the aftermath, and wrote on her website last year that she had found "a dear friend and true gentleman."
No word on when or where the wedding will be. Twain, who has stepped away from the spotlight the last few years, has an autobiography due out in the spring and is scheduled to have her own show on Oprah Winfrey's television network.
shania twain, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ