Tiger Woods: Gilette drops golfer from ad campaign
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - December 24, 2010 -- Once again, Tiger Woods isn't making the cut.
This time, the cut is being made by Procter and Gamble, which says it won't renew the endorsement deal with the golfer on its Gillette shaving products.
Woods has been used as one of the company's "champions" to shill for its line of razors and refill cartridges.
But now Gillette says it is phasing out that program - and in the process dropping Woods' contract. It stopped using Woods himself in the ad campaign months ago.
All of this, of course, is the upshot from the sex scandal that broke around this time last year. P&G joins Accenture, AT&T and Gatorade in dropping Woods from their corporate ad campaigns.
Watch maker Tag Heuer didn't can Woods outright - but did stop featuring him in ads.
tiger woods, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 2 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 35 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 2 min ago
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport