Tiger Woods: Gilette drops golfer from ad campaign
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - December 24, 2010 -- Once again, Tiger Woods isn't making the cut.
This time, the cut is being made by Procter and Gamble, which says it won't renew the endorsement deal with the golfer on its Gillette shaving products.
Woods has been used as one of the company's "champions" to shill for its line of razors and refill cartridges.
But now Gillette says it is phasing out that program - and in the process dropping Woods' contract. It stopped using Woods himself in the ad campaign months ago.
All of this, of course, is the upshot from the sex scandal that broke around this time last year. P&G joins Accenture, AT&T and Gatorade in dropping Woods from their corporate ad campaigns.
Watch maker Tag Heuer didn't can Woods outright - but did stop featuring him in ads.
tiger woods, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 35 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
35 min ago