Shania Twain weds exec Thiebaud in Puerto Rico
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) - January 1, 2011 -- Country singer Shania Twain and businessman Frederic Thiebaud tied the knot Saturday in a New Year's Day wedding in Puerto Rico.
A message on Twain's website says the couple were wed in Rincon with 40 close family and friends in attendance.
Twain and Thiebaud announced their engagement last month.
Twain first confirmed in August 2009 that she was dating Thiebaud after her divorce from Robert "Mutt" Lange - who allegedly had an affair with Twain's best friend and Thiebaud's wife, Marie-Anne Thiebaud.
The 45-year-old singer from Ontario, Canada, said she reached out to Frederic Thiebaud in the aftermath, writing on her website last year that she had found "a dear friend and true gentleman."
Twain, who has stepped away from the spotlight the last few years, has an autobiography due out in the spring and is scheduled to have her own show on Oprah Winfrey's television network.
shania twain, puerto rico, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 3 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ