Rap superstar Eminem eyeing possible film role
DETROIT (AP) - January 8, 2011 -- Eminem is considering a return to the big screen.
The Hollywood Reporter says in a story published Friday that the rapper is set to star in a crime thriller entitled "Random Acts of Violence."
Eminem's publicist, Dennis Dennehy confirms to The Associated Press the Grammy- and Oscar-winning performer could end up in the movie but that "nothing is set in stone."
In a statement sent to the AP, Dennehy says Eminem's producing team has been developing the project "for some time" and "everyone involved hopes that it comes to fruition and the film goes into production."
Dennehy says there's no firm start date.
Eminem hasn't starred in a film since 2002's "8 Mile."
His latest record, "Recovery," was the top-seller for 2010.
eminem, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 44 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 21 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 13 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 17 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 6 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
8 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
17 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
23 min ago