"Jersey Shore" returns to massive ratings
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 10, 2011 -- A record number of viewers couldn't wait to get back to "Jersey Shore."
More than 8 million of them showed up for the start of season three this past Thursday.
MTV says this was the most-watched series telecast in their history.
Season three has the "Jersey Shore" crew back in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. Season two had them in Miami.
MTV announced last month that it signed a deal with "Jersey Shore" disc jockey Paul "DJ Pauly D" DelVecchio to star in his own spin-off based on footage filmed of the self-proclaimed "guido" in September.
Also last month, a grand jury in Ocean County, N.J., said there was enough evidence that 25-year-old reality TV star Ronald "Ronnie" Ortiz-Magro knocked a man out with a punch on Sept. 4, 2009 when "Jersey Shore" was being filmed in Seaside Heights. While the punch wasn't shown on the show, Ortiz-Magro was seen bragging about it.
mtv, jersey shore, snooki, mike the situation sorrentino, dancing with the stars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- New sighting reported of missing student's car 36 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 27 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson 34 min ago
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms 39 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
31 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
27 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's...
36 min ago
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos