"Jersey Shore" returns to massive ratings
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 10, 2011 -- A record number of viewers couldn't wait to get back to "Jersey Shore."
More than 8 million of them showed up for the start of season three this past Thursday.
MTV says this was the most-watched series telecast in their history.
Season three has the "Jersey Shore" crew back in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. Season two had them in Miami.
MTV announced last month that it signed a deal with "Jersey Shore" disc jockey Paul "DJ Pauly D" DelVecchio to star in his own spin-off based on footage filmed of the self-proclaimed "guido" in September.
Also last month, a grand jury in Ocean County, N.J., said there was enough evidence that 25-year-old reality TV star Ronald "Ronnie" Ortiz-Magro knocked a man out with a punch on Sept. 4, 2009 when "Jersey Shore" was being filmed in Seaside Heights. While the punch wasn't shown on the show, Ortiz-Magro was seen bragging about it.
mtv, jersey shore, snooki, mike the situation sorrentino, dancing with the stars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 1 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 21 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 14 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 16 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
12 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
1 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
16 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos