Shakira announces split with longtime beau
BOGOTA, COLOMBIA - January 11, 2011 -- Shakira and her Argentine boyfriend of 11 years say in a note on the Colombian pop star's website that they have split up.
Shakira and Antonio de la Rua say they decided in August to "take time apart" from their romantic relationship but kept the details private until now.
The note posted Monday says the two view their separation as temporary, and adds that de la Rua will continue to oversee Shakira's business and career interests.
He is the son of a former president of Argentina. A person close to the couple says they are now together in Paris.
The person insisted on speaking anonymously, noting the subject's sensitivity.
The 33-year-old Shakira said in various interviews in 2009 that she was ready to have babies.
shakira, argentina, colombia, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 5 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 15 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 52 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 19 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive