Soulja Boy says he deserved Kanye's 2008 Grammy
NEW YORK (AP) -January 11, 2011 -- Soulja Boy is pulling a Kanye about Kanye West.
The rapper's breakthrough song, "Crank Dat (Soulja Boy)," was up for the best rap song Grammy in 2008, but lost to West's party anthem, the T-Pain-assisted "Good Life."
Soulja Boy says initially he "wasn't really thinking about it" and was optimistic that he would "get it next year."
Now, the 20-year-old says while recording his recently released third album, "The DeAndre Way,"he felt like "he should have got that Grammy."
The new CD has a song titled "Grammy," which features singer-songwriter Ester Dean. Soulja Boy hopes that after the Grammy committee hears the track, it will change its "perception."
West has earned 14 Grammys; Soulja Boy has not been up for an award since "Crank Dat" was nominated.
kanye west, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 3 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show