Soulja Boy says he deserved Kanye's 2008 Grammy
NEW YORK (AP) -January 11, 2011 -- Soulja Boy is pulling a Kanye about Kanye West.
The rapper's breakthrough song, "Crank Dat (Soulja Boy)," was up for the best rap song Grammy in 2008, but lost to West's party anthem, the T-Pain-assisted "Good Life."
Soulja Boy says initially he "wasn't really thinking about it" and was optimistic that he would "get it next year."
Now, the 20-year-old says while recording his recently released third album, "The DeAndre Way,"he felt like "he should have got that Grammy."
The new CD has a song titled "Grammy," which features singer-songwriter Ester Dean. Soulja Boy hopes that after the Grammy committee hears the track, it will change its "perception."
West has earned 14 Grammys; Soulja Boy has not been up for an award since "Crank Dat" was nominated.
kanye west, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed