George Clooney to begin filming movie next month
CINCINNATI (AP) -January 11, 2011 -- George Clooney's new film will begin shooting next month and require "hundreds of extras."
Kristen Erwin, the head of the regional film commission in Cincinnati and northern Kentucky, says scenes for "Ides of March" will be shot in more than two dozen locations.
Clooney directs and stars as a Democratic governor running in the presidential primaries. The film also stars Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Erwin told The Cincinnati Enquirer on Monday that no release date has been set for the film but that Clooney's Smokehouse Pictures plans to open a production office in the area.
Clooney's father, Nick, has worked as a TV news anchor in Cincinnati and also wrote a newspaper column there.
george clooney, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet