George Clooney to begin filming movie next month
CINCINNATI (AP) -January 11, 2011 -- George Clooney's new film will begin shooting next month and require "hundreds of extras."
Kristen Erwin, the head of the regional film commission in Cincinnati and northern Kentucky, says scenes for "Ides of March" will be shot in more than two dozen locations.
Clooney directs and stars as a Democratic governor running in the presidential primaries. The film also stars Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Erwin told The Cincinnati Enquirer on Monday that no release date has been set for the film but that Clooney's Smokehouse Pictures plans to open a production office in the area.
Clooney's father, Nick, has worked as a TV news anchor in Cincinnati and also wrote a newspaper column there.
george clooney, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ