No one claiming Cowell's villain role on `Idol'
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - January 11, 2011 -- Now that Simon Cowell is gone, nobody is ready to claim a role as the villain on "American Idol."
New judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler told reporters Tuesday that they're looking forward to using their experience to help guide new artists. The series is set to begin its 10th season Jan. 19, with only Randy Jackson left from the original cast of judges.
Producer Nigel Lythgoe says the new season of "Idol" will be more about searching for an eventual winner of the show "rather than stopping people getting there."
Jackson promised fans that they will see "a more assertive dog, a little bit more 'hair of the dog."'
The show's leaders promised an "Idol" that's more fun for viewers.
american idol, jennifer lopez, simon cowell, steven tyler, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 9 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 20 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 21 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com! 17 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief