Steven Tyler: Aerosmith is still kicking
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 13, 2011 -- Steven Tyler acknowledges his Aerosmith bandmates gave him a hard time when they found about he was going to be a judge on "American Idol."
He says he took the job because "there's nothing worth doing that's not worth overdoing." He says Aerosmith is still very much together.
They will work on an album at the end of this month and they have an overseas tour set for November.
As for his seat on the judges' panel, Tyler says he's very qualified for the job. He says he came from the era where you had to blow the other bands off the stage and he's been judged his entire life.
steven tyler, american idol, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 29 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 2 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
2 min ago