Colin Firth unveils Hollywood sidewalk star
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - January 14, 2011 -- "King's Speech" Golden Globe nominee Colin Firth now has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The British actor unveiled his sidewalk shrine Thursday in front of the Pig 'N Whistle pub on Hollywood Boulevard.
It's the 2,429th star dedicated on the avenue of dreams.
Firth has already received Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award nominations for his role as King George VI in "The King's Speech," and he is also a favorite for an Oscar nod.
Academy Award nominations are announced Jan. 25.
The 50-year-old Firth was a best actor nominee at the Oscars, Golden Globes and Screen Actors Guild Awards last year for his performance in "A Single Man."
Firth's movie credits include "Bridget Jones's Diary," "Shakespeare in Love," "The English Patient" and "Mama Mia!"
Golden Globes, hollywood, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 40 injured 5 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 8 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 6 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 43 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos