Martha Stewart gets stitches after dog strikes lip
NEW YORK - January 14, 2011 -- Martha Stewart isn't likely to whisper sweet nothings into her dozing dog's ear anytime again soon.
The 69-year-old lifestyle guru wrote on her blog Thursday that she needed stitches after startling her dog Francesca while leaning down to "whisper goodbye."
The dog jumped up and rammed into Stewart. She writes that she "felt a bit of whiplash as blood gushed" from her split lip Tuesday night.
She initially called police to ask for a ride to the hospital but realized her driver was waiting to drive her from her home in the suburbs to New York City for a "Today" show appearance.
Stewart landed in the Northern Westchester Hospital emergency room and received stitches in her upper lip.
She posted photos of the mishap on her blog.
dog attack, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 42 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 25 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 52 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 4 min ago
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 54 min ago
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 37 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces 55 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
42 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
4 min ago