Mel Gibson's next film to debut at Texas festival
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 14, 2011 -- Mel Gibson's return to the big screen will begin at the South by Southwest festival in March.
Organizers announced Thursday that "The Beaver" is one of five films that will have their international premieres at the multimedia film festival known as SXSW held annually in Austin, Texas.
The debut will be March 16, roughly a week before the film's limited theatrical.
SXSW film spokeswoman Rebecca Feferman says "Beaver" director and star Jodie Foster will attend the premiere, but it remains unclear whether Gibson will also attend.
His publicist, Alan Nierob, says in an e-mail that he did not yet know whether the 55-year-old actor-director will make an appearance.
Gibson stars as a troubled family man who uses a beaver puppet he wears on his hand to help him cope.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 29 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew...
29 min ago
- Shelter Me: Voorhees Animal Orphanage
20 min ago