Octomom to talk about her finances on `Oprah'
LA HABRA, Calif. (AP) -January 14, 2011 -- With the help of Oprah Winfrey, "Octomom" Nadya Suleman is about to undergo a financial intervention.
Suleman is scheduled to get a money makeover Friday on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" with personal finance expert Suze Orman.
Suleman already had six children when she gave birth to octuplets in January 2009 and has since struggled to pay her bills. Her financial troubles have been widely publicized as have threats of eviction from her Southern California home.
Suleman has a $4,000 mortgage payment due on Feb. 1 and is months overdue on a $450,000 balloon payment.
Steven Hirsch, co-founder of adult film company Vivid Entertainment, has offered to pay her February mortgage while he considers buying the La Habra home. There has been no comment from Suleman on the offer.
nadya suleman, oprah winfrey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run