Steve Carell leaving `The Office' early
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) -January 14, 2011 -- Steve Carell will be leaving "The Office" early.
The NBC comedy's executive producer, Greg Daniels, says Carell will be gone before the season-ending episodes in May. The final episodes of the season will focus on the scrambling to replace him at the Scranton branch of the mythical Dunder Mifflin paper company.
Carell had said previously that he was quitting the show to concentrate on his movie career. But NBC plans to press on without him.
NBC said Friday that Carell will leave with four episodes left in the season. That means his farewell episode will most likely come in April.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos