Steve Carell leaving `The Office' early
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) -January 14, 2011 -- Steve Carell will be leaving "The Office" early.
The NBC comedy's executive producer, Greg Daniels, says Carell will be gone before the season-ending episodes in May. The final episodes of the season will focus on the scrambling to replace him at the Scranton branch of the mythical Dunder Mifflin paper company.
Carell had said previously that he was quitting the show to concentrate on his movie career. But NBC plans to press on without him.
NBC said Friday that Carell will leave with four episodes left in the season. That means his farewell episode will most likely come in April.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief