Eastwood and Beyonce discussing 'A Star Is Born'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 20, 2011 -- Clint Eastwood and Beyonce may be teaming up to make a musical version of "A Star Is Born."
Warner Bros. confirms that the two are in negotiations to remake the 1937 classic.
Eastwood is in talks to direct, while Beyonce, who has been attached to the project for some time, would star.
Set to produce are Billy Gerber, Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters, who made the 1976 version of the film with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.
Corporate spokeswoman Jessica Zacholl notes that the deals have not been finalized and negotiations are ongoing.
beyonce, clint eastwood, los angeles, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ