Eastwood and Beyonce discussing 'A Star Is Born'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 20, 2011 -- Clint Eastwood and Beyonce may be teaming up to make a musical version of "A Star Is Born."
Warner Bros. confirms that the two are in negotiations to remake the 1937 classic.
Eastwood is in talks to direct, while Beyonce, who has been attached to the project for some time, would star.
Set to produce are Billy Gerber, Basil Iwanyk and Jon Peters, who made the 1976 version of the film with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.
Corporate spokeswoman Jessica Zacholl notes that the deals have not been finalized and negotiations are ongoing.
beyonce, clint eastwood, los angeles, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in New Jersey Turnpike chase 44 min ago
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 26 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds 32 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list