DA: Review of Mel Gibson criminal case ongoing
LOS ANGELES (AP) -January 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles' district attorney says a review of domestic violence allegations against Mel Gibson is ongoing after a meeting between prosecutors and the actor's attorneys.
The statement by District Attorney Steve Cooley didn't indicate when prosecutors will decide whether to pursue charges against the Academy Award winner. Gibson's ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva claims the actor-director struck her during a fight in January 2010.
Cooley says Gibson's attorneys presented information about the accusations during Tuesday's meeting. His statement didn't address Gibson's allegations that Grigorieva attempted to extort him.
The former couple have been locked in a bitter custody dispute over their infant daughter for months.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police