DA: Review of Mel Gibson criminal case ongoing
LOS ANGELES (AP) -January 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles' district attorney says a review of domestic violence allegations against Mel Gibson is ongoing after a meeting between prosecutors and the actor's attorneys.
The statement by District Attorney Steve Cooley didn't indicate when prosecutors will decide whether to pursue charges against the Academy Award winner. Gibson's ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva claims the actor-director struck her during a fight in January 2010.
Cooley says Gibson's attorneys presented information about the accusations during Tuesday's meeting. His statement didn't address Gibson's allegations that Grigorieva attempted to extort him.
The former couple have been locked in a bitter custody dispute over their infant daughter for months.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
6 min ago