DA: Review of Mel Gibson criminal case ongoing
LOS ANGELES (AP) -January 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles' district attorney says a review of domestic violence allegations against Mel Gibson is ongoing after a meeting between prosecutors and the actor's attorneys.
The statement by District Attorney Steve Cooley didn't indicate when prosecutors will decide whether to pursue charges against the Academy Award winner. Gibson's ex-girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva claims the actor-director struck her during a fight in January 2010.
Cooley says Gibson's attorneys presented information about the accusations during Tuesday's meeting. His statement didn't address Gibson's allegations that Grigorieva attempted to extort him.
The former couple have been locked in a bitter custody dispute over their infant daughter for months.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police