Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in Batman movie
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Anne Hathaway has clawed her way into the latest Batman movie, nabbing the role of Selina Kyle and her alter ego, Catwoman.
Warner Bros. announced the casting Wednesday for Christopher Nolan's latest film in the superhero saga, "The Dark Knight Rises." Hathaway will appear opposite Christian Bale, who's returning as Bruce Wayne and Batman.
The studio also announced that Tom Hardy, whom Nolan directed in last year's "Inception," will play one of Batman's enemies, Bane. "The Dark Knight Rises" is slated for release on July 20, 2012.
Hathaway, an Oscar nominee for 2008's "Rachel Getting Married," will co-host the Academy Awards with James Franco on Feb. 27.
anne hathaway, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases