Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in Batman movie
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Anne Hathaway has clawed her way into the latest Batman movie, nabbing the role of Selina Kyle and her alter ego, Catwoman.
Warner Bros. announced the casting Wednesday for Christopher Nolan's latest film in the superhero saga, "The Dark Knight Rises." Hathaway will appear opposite Christian Bale, who's returning as Bruce Wayne and Batman.
The studio also announced that Tom Hardy, whom Nolan directed in last year's "Inception," will play one of Batman's enemies, Bane. "The Dark Knight Rises" is slated for release on July 20, 2012.
Hathaway, an Oscar nominee for 2008's "Rachel Getting Married," will co-host the Academy Awards with James Franco on Feb. 27.
anne hathaway, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book