Bryant to get cement prints at Hollywood landmark
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant has championship rings and an MVP trophy, but he's about to get an honor usually reserved for the stars of Hollywood.
Bryant will become the first athlete to have a hand and foot print ceremony at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
Representatives for the theater announced Thursday that Bryant will have the ceremony setting his hands and feet in cement as part of the NBA's All-Star Weekend festivities on Feb. 19, the day before the All-Star game at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
More than 200 Hollywood luminaries including John Wayne, Marilyn Monroe and Brad Pitt have had their hands and feet set in cement in front of the Hollywood landmark.
hollywood, kobe bryant, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 18 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 49 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 26 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Video: Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
18 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
49 min ago