Bryant to get cement prints at Hollywood landmark
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant has championship rings and an MVP trophy, but he's about to get an honor usually reserved for the stars of Hollywood.
Bryant will become the first athlete to have a hand and foot print ceremony at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
Representatives for the theater announced Thursday that Bryant will have the ceremony setting his hands and feet in cement as part of the NBA's All-Star Weekend festivities on Feb. 19, the day before the All-Star game at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
More than 200 Hollywood luminaries including John Wayne, Marilyn Monroe and Brad Pitt have had their hands and feet set in cement in front of the Hollywood landmark.
hollywood, kobe bryant, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 42 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 26 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli 7 min ago
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 45 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
26 min ago