Clooney to discuss recovery from malaria on CNN
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- George Clooney has recovered from the malaria he contracted earlier this month during a visit to Sudan.
Publicist Stan Rosenfield says it was the actor's second bout with the disease.
Clooney is set to discuss the condition and his work in Africa on Piers Morgan's CNN show Friday.
The actor says his own experience with the disease shows how proper medication can turn "the most lethal condition in Africa" into "a bad 10 days instead of a death sentence."
los angeles, george clooney, africa, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 59 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ