Leno named winner of Harvard's Hasty Pudding award
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - January 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- Massachusetts native Jay Leno is Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Man of the Year.
Hasty Pudding Theatricals is the nation's oldest undergraduate drama troupe. It says "The Tonight Show" host was selected because he has "entertained millions of people over his long and accomplished career in comedy."
Leno follows in the footsteps of his "Tonight Show" mentor Johnny Carson. He won the Hasty Pudding award in 1997.
Leno is to receive his pudding pot at a roast Feb. 4. Actress Julianne Moore was named Hasty Pudding's Woman of the Year last week.
The awards are presented annually to performers who have made a lasting and impressive contribution to entertainment.
jay leno, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos