Ex-priest known as 'Father Oprah' to get Fox show
MIAMI (AP) -January 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- A former Roman Catholic priest who left the church to marry his girlfriend after the two were photographed embracing on a South Florida beach is getting a new TV show.
Alberto Cutie announced Tuesday he will host the daily talk show "Father Albert" on Fox stations. A Fox spokeswoman says the show will be aired later this year in cities including New York and Los Angeles. It will be picked up nationwide if it does well.
Cutie, nicknamed "Father Oprah" was ordained last year in the Episcopal Church. He and his wife welcomed their first child in December.
Fox Television Stations and Debmar-Mercury are co-producing the show. Cutie got his nickname because of an earlier show he hosted on the Spanish-language Telemundo Network.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 34 min ago