Ex-priest known as 'Father Oprah' to get Fox show
MIAMI (AP) -January 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- A former Roman Catholic priest who left the church to marry his girlfriend after the two were photographed embracing on a South Florida beach is getting a new TV show.
Alberto Cutie announced Tuesday he will host the daily talk show "Father Albert" on Fox stations. A Fox spokeswoman says the show will be aired later this year in cities including New York and Los Angeles. It will be picked up nationwide if it does well.
Cutie, nicknamed "Father Oprah" was ordained last year in the Episcopal Church. He and his wife welcomed their first child in December.
Fox Television Stations and Debmar-Mercury are co-producing the show. Cutie got his nickname because of an earlier show he hosted on the Spanish-language Telemundo Network.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 23 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 53 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 10 min ago