Ex-priest known as 'Father Oprah' to get Fox show
MIAMI (AP) -January 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- A former Roman Catholic priest who left the church to marry his girlfriend after the two were photographed embracing on a South Florida beach is getting a new TV show.
Alberto Cutie announced Tuesday he will host the daily talk show "Father Albert" on Fox stations. A Fox spokeswoman says the show will be aired later this year in cities including New York and Los Angeles. It will be picked up nationwide if it does well.
Cutie, nicknamed "Father Oprah" was ordained last year in the Episcopal Church. He and his wife welcomed their first child in December.
Fox Television Stations and Debmar-Mercury are co-producing the show. Cutie got his nickname because of an earlier show he hosted on the Spanish-language Telemundo Network.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 53 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 12 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 24 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 20 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
20 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos