Mick Jagger making 1st Grammy appearance
NEW YORK (AP) - February 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Recording Academy is finally getting some satisfaction, with Mick Jagger's first appearance on the Grammy stage.
The Rolling Stones frontman will perform at the Feb. 13 ceremony in Los Angeles as part of a tribute to soul great Solomon Burke, who died last year. Burke opened for the Rolling Stones several times during his career comeback late in life.
The Stones performed during the Grammys when they received a lifetime achievement award in 1986, but the performance was by satellite.
grammy awards, mick jagger, rolling stones, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 5 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 5 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 2 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
5 min ago