Mick Jagger making 1st Grammy appearance
NEW YORK (AP) - February 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Recording Academy is finally getting some satisfaction, with Mick Jagger's first appearance on the Grammy stage.
The Rolling Stones frontman will perform at the Feb. 13 ceremony in Los Angeles as part of a tribute to soul great Solomon Burke, who died last year. Burke opened for the Rolling Stones several times during his career comeback late in life.
The Stones performed during the Grammys when they received a lifetime achievement award in 1986, but the performance was by satellite.
grammy awards, mick jagger, rolling stones, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 58 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 46 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 47 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 51 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
44 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
29 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
37 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
47 min ago