Mick Jagger making 1st Grammy appearance
NEW YORK (AP) - February 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Recording Academy is finally getting some satisfaction, with Mick Jagger's first appearance on the Grammy stage.
The Rolling Stones frontman will perform at the Feb. 13 ceremony in Los Angeles as part of a tribute to soul great Solomon Burke, who died last year. Burke opened for the Rolling Stones several times during his career comeback late in life.
The Stones performed during the Grammys when they received a lifetime achievement award in 1986, but the performance was by satellite.
grammy awards, mick jagger, rolling stones, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 47 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 6 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos