Spokesman: Sheen wants to resume work this month
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- A spokesman for Charlie Sheen says the "Two and a Half Men" star wants to get back to work this month.
The 45-year-old actor remains in rehab but hopes to return to TV's top-rated comedy by the end of February, publicist Stan Rosenfield said Thursday. That's a "target" projection, Rosenfield said.
The series halted production after Sheen sought treatment for undisclosed reasons following a 911 call and brief stay at a Los Angeles-area hospital last week. According to a tape of the 911 call, Sheen was said to be intoxicated and in pain.
With uncertainty over Sheen's return, CBS is planning to use a combination of "Two and a Half Men" reruns and other sitcoms to fill out its Monday night schedule. The network has two unaired episodes of "Men" in hand, which are to be broadcast Feb. 7 and 14.
charlie sheen, cbs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ